Biological recording workshop
Clare Flynn ran a fantastic wildlife recording workshop at The People’s Orchard in St Dogmaels, here are my notes to my future self
- West Wales Biodiversity Information Centre (WWBIC), made up of Pembrokeshire, Ceredigion & Carmarthen. The place to submit data locally.
- 4 areas in Wales collaborate in Local Environmental Records Centres Wales (LERC), website is called Aderyn. Good for area and distribution maps.
- iSpot website (Open University) for ID.
- LERC app for recording
- Watkins & Doncaster for nets, hand lenses, containers etc www.watdon.co.uk
What is a biological record?
- Who: recorder & determiner
- What: ID from iSpot, Facebook group etc
- Where: 6 figure grid ref eg OS Locate app, UK Grid Reference Finder website
- When: day, month, year
### Other useful info
- breeding status
Strategy for general survey in forest garden
- Create a species list
- Monthly walk & recording session, Mar-Oct
- Easily recorded species first:
- Moth - trap annually, summer
Comments powered by Talkyard.
Subscribe to blog posts by email