Stalwart recipe of the foraging community
- ½ carrier bag stinging nettle tops
- 50g vegan margarine
- 1 large onion
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 large potato, peeled & cut into cubes
- 1 large carrot, peeled & chopped
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp Oatly creme fraiche
- Wash nettles, get rid of thick stalks, drain
- Melt vegan margarine in large saucepan, add onion, cook gently 5-7 minutes until softened
- Add stock, nettles, potato & carrot. Bring to simmer, cook gently until potato soft, about 15 minutes
- Remove from heat, purée with electric hand-held blender & season with salt & pepper.
- Serve with tablespoonful of creme fraiche on top, can also add swirl of olive oil & Tabasco sauce.