Vegan banana cake
Very easy vegan banana cake, which I topped with our first ever gooseberries (Hinnomaki Red)!
We picked our first ever gooseberries last week. I washed them, popped them into a saucepan with a tiny bit of water, cooked them on a low heat for a few minutes until soft then added some sugar. I then put this on the top of banana cake just before it went in the oven.
- 3 bananas (ripe)
- 75g coconut oil (melted or at least softened)
- 140g sugar (raw if you have it)
- 80g almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seed dissolved in water)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 240g whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix flax seed with 3 tbsp water and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, use a fork to mash the bananas with coconut oil and sugar, mix well.
- Add flaxseeds, vanilla and milk, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add the dry mix to the wet and stir until just combined, do not over mix. Pour batter into tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.
Recipe adapated from For the Love of Leaves
Subscribe to blog posts by email