Wednesday, 17th June 2020 02:53pm
Someone asked me for propagation tips, so here are mine:
- Get a decent reference book, to make it easy to look up best way to propagate a certain plant. I’m sure I had the RHS Propagating Plants but it’s gone missing! Also, Creating a Forest Garden has some handy propagation info the appendix.
- Have a propagation area near a watering point.
- Make sure there’s easy access.
- Young plants need protection, from wind, sun, cold, heat, predators etc. At different stages, different environments can help a huge amount:
- Heated propagation bed
- Potting shed
- Green house
- Cold frame
- Weeded & mulched propagation bed