Tour our forest garden
We offer a 2 hour tour of our forest garden in Cwm Cou in Ceredigion, near Newcastle Emlyn. It’s for anyone interested in learning more about forest gardening.
The tour runs on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm, April to September and costs £27 per person. Maximum tour size 10 people.
It is available to book via Airbnb Experiences.
Alternatively, we are running one discounted tour on the penultimate Saturday of each month, April to September at £22.
What you will see on the tour
- Half an acre of newly planted coppice, designed for firewood, poles and posts
- One acre greenfield site of the planned Ornamental Maintenance-free Garden (OMG); discussion of windbreaks, access, utilities, fencing and planning
- Shrub propagation area & chickens
- The main attraction: a one acre pasture field started in the winter of 2015.
- Fruit Triangle
- Ground cover propagation area
- Polytunnel & raised beds for annuals
- Wildlife pond for pest control
- Predator strip
- Orchard area, with grass crop
- Shrubbery (area of dry shade)
- Demonstration of mulching technique
- Prickly Quad
- Blue Bean vegetable border
- Mushroom Manor: growing mushrooms on logs
- Willow Walk
- Exit via plant shop
Included in the tour
- Tea and coffee
- Beautiful wooded hillside location
- Opportunity to buy selected forest garden plants
Please note, BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL. Wellies and waterproofs highly recommended. Also, at the very least, a mild interest in gardening is a prerequisite: the garden is in its early stages and indifferent individuals will only see twigs.
For discounted private group bookings, please email Jake email@example.com or phone/text on 07398 474 064.
For directions, see www.forestgarden.wales/contact