Tour our forest garden
On the first Saturday of each month (May to September inclusive), we offer a 3 hour tour of our forest garden in Cwm Cou in Ceredigion, near Newcastle Emlyn. This includes a presentation plus coffee & cake and is for anyone interested in learning more about forest gardening.
You can buy tickets for £10 from forestgardenwales.eventbrite.co.uk
Forest gardening is a productive and practical garden system using trees, shrubs and perennial plants, designed to be stable, sustainable and low-maintenance.
The dates for your diary are:
- Saturday 5th May
- Saturday 2nd June
- Saturday 7th July
- Saturday 4th August
- Saturday 1st September
Included in the tour
- 40 minute presentation on an introduction to forest gardening
- Coffee and homemade cake
- Beautiful wooded hillside location
- Opportunity to buy selected forest garden plants
What you will see on the tour
- Introduction to forest gardening presentation
- Half an acre of newly planted coppice, designed for firewood, poles and posts
- One acre greenfield site of the planned Ornamental Maintenance-free Garden (OMG); discussion of windbreaks, access, utilities, fencing and planning
- Shrub propagation area & chickens
- The main attraction: a one acre pasture field started 3 years ago.
- Fruit Triangle
- Ground cover propagation area
- Polytunnel & raised beds for annuals
- Wildlife pond for pest control
- Predator strip
- Orchard area, with grass crop
- Shrubbery (area of dry shade)
- Demonstration of mulching technique
- Prickly Quad
- Blue Bean vegetable border
- Mushroom Manor: growing mushrooms on logs
- Willow Walk
- Coffee & homemade cake
- Exit via plant shop
Tickets £10 each, booking essential from Eventbrite.
Please note, BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL. Wellies and waterproofs highly recommended. Also, at the very least, a mild interest in gardening is a prerequisite: the garden is in its early stages and indifferent individuals will only see twigs.
For directions, see www.forestgarden.wales/contact